Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Cutts Explains Untrusted Link Notifications
On July 20th, Google sent out a batch of new link notifications that scared the webmaster community. Google then informed us we can relax about those notifications because they are ignored links that don't specifically hurt your site. Still, there was a lot of confusion...
- Google Touts Their Olympics Results
Google's home page has a unique logo each day for a different Olympics pushing searchers to their Olympics results. Google's head of search...
- SEOs Eagerly Waiting A Penguin Refresh
It has now been over 9 weeks since we had a Penguin refresh and SEOs and webmasters are getting antsy. They want to know when the next Penguin refresh will be. Typically Google pushes out Panda and possible Penguin updates every 3-6 weeks but it has been over 9 weeks now...
- A Keyword Competitive Tool Based On Links & Anchors
This morning Majestic SEO launched a new tool to measure the competitive nature of a keyword or keyword phrase. The tool looks at the number of sites using that anchor text across the web as well as the title of the pages...
- Google Maps Tries To Find Your Current Location
Google added a new feature to detect your current location on your desktop computer. I tried it this morning and it was smart enough to tell me I am in the state of New York...
- iPhone Wallpaper For Google Panda Victims
I was playing around with some wallpapers for my iPhone yesterday and I stumbled on a Panda theme that looks like an SEO designed it. There are a ton of angry Pandas in this theme ready to pounce on
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Failed To Delete UK's Street View Personal Data, and Now 'In Breach' Of UK Data Privacy, WebmasterWorld
- Google+ With 110,7 Million Visitors Worldwide In June …, Morten Myrstad - Google+
- Cheer on your team by changing your profile picture to the flag of your choice, WebmasterWorld
- Google launches fiberoptic internet - 1 gigabit, DigitalPoint Forums
- Questions to Ask at Google-Fiber Announcement, Hacker News