Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Real Time Search, Wonder Wheel & More Go Offline
On Sunday, we posted two stories at Search Engine Land that were significant. They included Google Realtime Search Goes Missing and The Google Wonder Wheel Is Gone. Yes, Google features are dropping left and right and without warning...
- Pic: Negative Links In Google Webmaster Tools
In February we reported on webmasters complaining they were seeing negative link counts in Google Webmaster Tools. Today, I spotted a thread at Google Webmaster Help showing this actually happening. A picture really proves it...
- Google Notifications For Buying Links
In January, Google began to send out webmaster tools notifications for selling links. Now it appears that Google is sending out notifications for buying links.
- USA.com Delisted By Google Over Fourth Of July
Besides for Google leaving out the American flag on their July Fourth logo, which I honestly don't feel is a big deal anyway...
- Google Forgets American Flag In Fourth Of July Logo
Happy Fourth of July everyone and I hope you enjoyed the fireworks last night. Like every July 4th, the search engines dress up their home pages with festive logos and themes to celebrate the day. Below I will post the logos from Google, Yahoo...
- Google Dublin Playroom
Kaspar from Google tweeted a picture of one of the new playrooms added to Google's Dublin office. As some of you know, Google moved to a new Dublin office recently and it is a nice place to work.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Change the Google bar color, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- A Tale of 2 Google Places Algorithms – Organic vs Places Ranking Factors Revealed, Sphinn
- Categorise Your Inbound Link Profile With Open Site Explorer Data, Sphinn
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Says It Will Launch 'something awesome' Next Week, WebmasterWorld
- Google Loses Bid to Dismiss Street View Suit Over Privacy-Violation Claims, WebmasterWorld
- Matt Cutts doing TED Talks - Try something new for 30 days, WebmasterWorld
- Subscriptions modules not displaying on channel pages & channel comment text, YouTube Help
- Twitter Stats: 200 Million Tweets Per Day, WebmasterWorld
- New platform: Youtube.com/create, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- First Time Ever - Bing Traffic > Google on My Site, WebmasterWorld
- Google To Replace AdWords In Selected Verticals?, WebmasterWorld