Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Showing Multiple Listings From Same Site Too Often?
Yesterday, there were many complaints in the forums, on Twitter and even a bunch of people emailed me, specifically around Google showing the same site (same domain name) in the search results for a single query on the first and second page...
- Google AdWords Now With Mobile App Targeting
Google AdWords has finally added a method within AdWords to target mobile apps with AdWords ads through AdMob. AdMob is a mobile app ad network Google purchased a while back...
- Google Trusted Stores Open To US Merchants
Google announced they have opened up the Google Trusted Stores program to all U.S. merchants. Google said they have been testing this with 50 online merchants and more than 10 million orders. So far...
- Google Search Parameters Explained
I spotted this post via HackerNews named Google search parameters in 2012. It is one of the most comprehensive posts explaining what all the various URL parameters in Google's search URL strings mean...
- Google Hamburg Office Space
Google PR Manager at Google Germany, Stefan Keuchel, posted pictures of Google's new reception area in the Hamburg, Germany office. I believe the picture above is of the ceiling in the reception area
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- We’re on the quest for the perfect map—one that’s…, Google - Google+
- Banned By Adsense, WebmasterWorld
- Fake user agent strings, WebmasterWorld
- More about the Vary HTTP header Last week we announced…, Pierre Far - Google+
- Panda and websites like DeviantArt, Google
- SEO of photography and art websites post Panda, WebmasterWorld
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Keep Linking, WebmasterWorld