Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Algorithms Now Target Offensive, Upsetting, Inaccurate & Hateful Results
Yesterday, Google released a new quality raters guidelines PDF document that was specifically updated to tell the quality raters how to spot and flag offensive, upsetting, inaccurate and hateful web pages in the search results...
- Google: You Can Rank For Medium Competitive Keywords Without Links
We've seen Googlers say time and time again that you can rank without links because Google will look at the content but most SEOs know that without links, you cannot rank for anything somewhat competitive...
- Google: Page Layout Algorithm/Penalty Is Still Important
The Google page layout algorithm/penalty which originally launched in 2012 and has been updated a few times since is still an important algorithm says Google's Gary Illyes. Gary was asked about it on Twitter and said, "yes...
- Bing Ads Removes Trademark Policy For Keywords Globally
Bing announced they have dropped their trademark policy to disallow the bidding on trademarks globally, like they have in the US...
- Google Local Pack Removes Call/Directions Button For Featured Image
Google seems to be swapping out the call and directions button in the local pack and replacing it with a featured image from the local business. I was personally able to replicate both user interfaces for the same query and screen shot it as Google seems to be rolling it out...
- Google Net Flooring - Where You Can Plunge To Your Death
I spotted this photo on Instagram, of Sofiia Shvets, a Marketing Solutions Manager at Google at the European office, where they must have net flooring in some parts of the building. You can see below
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- duration filter under tools. first time seeing it, (that's the only query I could find that has the filter). @rustybrick @jenstar https://t.co/23al9IaFOM, Sergey Alakov on Twitter
- Marissa Mayer Won't Be Part of Altaba After Verizon Deal, WebmasterWorld
- Starting today, you can send & request money in your Gmail app on +Android ht..., Google+ - Gmail
- Agilent Democratizes Data With Smooth Migration to Google Analytics 360 Suite..., Google+ - Google Analytics
- Google Vs Naver: Google’s struggles, WebmasterWorld
- Join AMP experts across eight languages next week to run through the basics and answer your questions. https://t.co/lJezJFhc99, AMP Project on Twitter
- Location Extensions on the Display Network, The Google Advertiser Community