Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Stars Sunset As Block Results Take Over
This feels like a cat and mouse game. Google has blocked results, Google drops blocked results, Google adds starring results, Google drops starring results. Google is known to constantly test new user interfaces and swap them out for new and even old tests after determining they are unhappy with how searchers interact with those changes.
- Related Maps Removed From Google Maps Place Pages
Google Maps has removed a feature or module on the Google Place pages. The removed feature is the My Maps module which was titled, "Related Maps." Here is a picture of the Eiffel Tower with the Related Maps module and then as you see it now...
- Google On Content Delivery Networks & Search Rankings
A Google Webmaster Help thread has a Webmaster concerned that since switching to a content delivery network (CDN) his pagerank and search rankings declined. A CDN is a way to host your site or parts of your site on servers that are more scalable in terms of server resources and bandwidth...
- Google Changes Product Data Feed Specification For Merchants
Google announced changes coming for merchants who submit product data to the Google Merchant Center for inclusion in Google Product Search...
- adCenter Maintenance Catches Advertisers By Surprise
Two threads from the weekend have major complaints about the recent Microsoft adCenter maintenance that took place over the weekend. A WebmasterWorld and Microsoft Advertising thread have the complaints...
- Google Logo For Hungary's Revolution
Google has a special logo at Google Hungary for the Hungarian Revolution. The logo links to a search result of 1848-49-es forradalom and is a pretty picture of the government offices
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 200% more pages indexed - why?, WebmasterWorld
- Google AdSense Certified Ad Networks Count, WebmasterWorld
- Google image previews - now bigger than ever ?, WebmasterWorld
- Is the Huffington Post Google's Favorite Content Farm?, Sphinn
- Redeeming the 9 Sins of Google Analytics, Sphinn
- Get Hundreds of Links to Your Next Blog Post, Guaranteed, Sphinn
- SEO Lessons Learned at SMX West, Sphinn