Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Warns Of "Big Changes Here Very Shortly"
A WebmasterWorld thread links to some comments left by a Googler at YCombinator.com named moultano. This Google warned of big changes coming to Google really soon. SEOs and Webmasters take this as a sign to be prepared for something major...
- Is Innovative Link Building Dead?
A WebmasterWorld thread has conversation around the topic of link building...
- Google AdWords Titles With Exclamation Marks
Starting last week, Google AdWords began promoting the first line description to the ad title of some of the ads. That means...
- Fetch As GoogleBot Now Out Of Beta
If you login to your Google Webmaster Tools you may notice that the Fetch as GoogleBot feature is no longer under the "labs" section. Yes...
- The Google Hotel
Here is a picture of a sign hanging in Vietnam that is the official Google Hotel. It was taken recently at Hué, Thura Thien-Hue, VN.
- Where's Google's Super Bowl XLV Logo? Bing Got One!
Today is Super Bowl XLV and while Google does not have a logo for the day, Bing does. The game is currently underway and I wanted to share logos from Bing, AOL, Ask.com, YouTube and Dogpile. Let me be clear, Yahoo and Google do not have special logos for today...
- Jan Werich Google Doodle
Google Czech has a logo for Jan Werich. He was born on 1905 today, February 6th. He was a was a Czech actor, playwright and writer.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Hardwired number one spot - in some niches?, WebmasterWorld
- Algorithm Updates Bring You Down? False positives destroy some sites, WebmasterWorld
- Faceted Navigation Problems and No Index, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Jan Werich, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Western Union now in the Palestinian Territories | Adsense In Palestine, DigitalPoint Forums
- A Natural Link Profile and Nofollow as a Ranking Factor or Signal, Sphinn
- For security reasons, your session has timed out. Please sign in again., Microsoft Advertising Community
- What video editor do you use?, YouTube Help