Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: January 8, 2016
This week in search, I covered a couple of status updated on Googleâs Penguin 4.0 launch. I also shared some ranking changes being seen at Google...
- Google Testing New Search Ranking Algorithms In The Wild?
There has been this steady chatter for the past few days around webmasters and SEOs seeing ranking changes and fluctuations in the search results. It's been ever since what I thought were false reports of a Google update earlier this week...
- Will Google Release Penguin 4.0 In January 2016? Gary Hasn't Seen It Yet.
We know Google delayed the Penguin 4.0 release and we expected based on comments from John Mueller that it would be released this month but my question is...
- Google: Featured Snippets Don't Result In Less Search Traffic
The other day, someone asked Google's John Mueller if adding structured data can potentially lead to less traffic from Google. The user showed a picture of featured snippets, because we hear markup may impact featured snippets in Google...
- Report: Mass Yahoo Layoffs Coming Soon
Business Insider reports that Yahoo is prepping to layoff about 10% of its workforce. The struggling company, even under Marissa Mayer's leadership, has not seen the recovery expected from its investors...
- Test Results: Gary Illyes From Google Is An Amateur SEO
Search Engine Land posted an SEO test that Eric Enge from Stone Temple created. It is 20 questions and it scores your SEO knowledge...
- Two Bots Hanging Out: GoogleBot & BB-8
The other day, when Google announced the new Search Errors report, they shared a picture of GoogleBot hanging out with its friend, BB-8. Honestly, I didn't realize GoogleBot was so tall. But don't t
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Fixes Translation Bug: "Russian Federation" Became "Mordor", WebmasterWorld
- Odd mystery. Site won't rank for its brand name, Google Webmaster Help
- I submitted the wrong URL to Fetch as Google. How can I fix?, Google Webmaster Help