Earlier this month both @johndefeo and @Honhaar posted on Twitter that Google Trends updated their design and features. Honestly, I barely use the tool, so I had to wait for Google to tell me what changed.
Then on August 9th, Google posted about the Olympics and Google Trends on their Google blog but again, it was missing what exactly was added or changed with Google Trends.
So the folks at Search Engine Land pried for more information and got it. This is what changed:
- The design and look at feel
- Compare search trends by geographic location
- View historical data by day
- Search term filtering
- New mobile embed option for graphs
- An export-to-excel feature
Give it a try yourself at google.com/trends.