Google has launched version 3.1 of the Google My Business API, which you can access over here. The new features are not massive but there are many of them. They include:
- Subscribe and manage push notifications for new customer reviews on Google
- Provide additional rich business information with URL and Enum attributes (i.e.attributes that can have multiple values)*
- Get categories supported by Google My Business
- Get the Google Maps URL for verified locations
- Get more detailed listing states to identify when locations are published, pending review, or pending verification
- Identify permanently closed locations that can be reopened vs. those that can't
- Determine which locations the user has access to, and which they don't
As a heads up, version 3.0 came out in early May 2016.
Google said they are extending support of v2 of the API until December 5, 2016; the deprecation schedule can be found here.
Forum discussion at Google My Business Help.