Google has quietly updated their AdWords Editor to version 11.7. There was no announcement yet but there was a release note posted over here documenting the change on December 5th as "Download AdWords Editor 11.7 for location extensions, bumper ads, square images for responsive ads."
Here is the full changelog with version 11.7:
- Export expanded text ads as responsive ads: Version 11.7 lets you use the “Export as” feature to convert expanded text ads into responsive ads.
- Location extensions: You can now create, edit, and remove location extensions. Keep in mind that linking to Google My Business accounts isn’t supported.
- Bumper ads: This version fully supports bumper ads, a short video ad format designed to allow you to reach more customers and increase awareness about your brand by using a short, memorable message.
- Gmail multi-product promotion template: You can now use AdWords Editor to create and edit Gmail ads using the multi-product promotion template.
- Square images for responsive ads: Square images for responsive ads are now supported.
- More frequency options for video campaigns: In addition to “per campaign,” you can now also use “per ad group” and “per ad” frequency capping for video campaigns.
Forum discussion at Google+.