Google released a new version of the Google AdWords API, v201402, that brings a tremendous amount of new features.
Google's Jon Diorio summed up his favorite features on Google+ saying:
#AdWords API users... I'm excited to announce that today's API release exposes a host of new reports and report columns. Even more data is now available via the reporting API! This includes Search Funnels and Google Analytics fields in the existing reports as well as the Paid and Organic and BidGoalPerformance reports. Also, Call details report and call metric fields are now out of Beta and available to all users.
But the big features include shopping campaign support, Review, Application and Location extensions, Search Network and Display Select and a ton more. Here are the big changes:
- Shopping campaigns. Recently released for AdWords, Shopping campaign management is now available in the API. See the getting started guide for more details.
- Review, Application and Location extensions. Feed services have been extended to include new types of feeds. Now you can create Review extensions to include users’ feedback in your ads. We’ve also added an option to create Location extensions and App extensions via Feeds.
- Search Network and Display Select. New fields have been added to create, get or modify this new type of campaign. We’ve also added a new Channel type field to simplify networks targeting.
- New reports and report columns. Even more data is now available via the reporting API! This includes Search Funnels and Google Analytics fields in the existing reports as well as the Paid and Organic Search and BidGoalPerformance reports. Also, Call details report and call metric fields are now out of Beta and available to all users.
- New targeting options. The API now allows you to target by Places of Interest, Demographic Locations and Similar Audiences.
- AWQL across all services. AdWords Query Language is now supported by all API services.
- Features out of Beta. With this release we introduce the following formerly Beta features into the public API: topOfPageCpc and AdFormat fields, Feeds scheduling, Postal code targeting, campaign
- TrackingSetting and mobile targeting (MobileAppCategory, MobileApplication, MobileDevice). Flexible conversion tracking. You can now programmatically change your conversion type between one-per-click and many-per-click. We’ve also updated the reports to accommodate this change.
- Deprecations. A few features have been deprecated with this release, see the migration guide for the full list of breaking changes.
The full details are at this page.
Google AdWords API v201309 will be sunset on July 21st, 2014.
Forum discussion at Google+.