In this week's recap, I cover how top rankings in Google sends less traffic these days. I go over a possible new Google ranking algorithm tweak from two days ago. Maile Ohye is quotes on the May Day algorithm update. I gave a tip on how to increase your chances of your pages showing up in Rich Snippets. Also, I gave a tip on fixing your post counts in Google. GoogleBot is back to crawling, but are they now crawling too much - WordPress thinks so. A Google bug prevented me from clicking on the second search result. Google warned against using the noscript tag. Bing did a major UI update, adding more entrainment, medical and iPhone features. Google News continues getting spammed. Yahoo can't handle 404s anymore. Hitwise came out with search market share reports. It was not just Father's Day this Sunday, but Monday was the first day of Summer or Winter - we got the logos, themes and doodles from the search engines. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- More Reports of Google Referrals Down Despite Top Rankings
- Another Google MayDay Tweak, June 23/24th?
- Google's Maile Ohye On The MayDay Update
- Want Google To Show Your Rich Snippets? Here Is How
- Wrong Post & Author Information In Google Snippets? Tell Google
- GoogleBot Back In Business, Crawling & Crawling
- WordPress System Admin Calls Out Google's Evil Spiders
- Google Bug Prevents Clicking On Second Search Results
- Google Warns Against NOSCRIPT Element
- Bing Upgrades Design & iPhone App & Pushes Entertainment
- Google News Quality Post: Spam Getting Worse?
- Yahoo Search 404 Handling Poor Again?
- Hitwise: Google Search Share Grew, Back at 72%
- Summer Solstice Google Logo: First Day of Summer 2010 From Search Engines
- Happy Father's Day From Google, Yahoo, Bing & Others: 2010 Edition