In this weeks recap, I act all tired and dazed from coming off a red eye from Las Vegas and doing the video at 8am in the morning, with maybe 20 minutes of sleep. Of course I talked about our PubCon coverage, about 40 sessions covered live. Google shut down the Google Caffeine Sandbox and is pushing it out to a single data center soon. Google enhanced the keyword report in Webmaster Tools. MSNBot is having issues respecting the crawl delay directive. Bing added the awesome Wolfram Alpha data. Google Maps has a pornography issue. Are rich snippets being displayed in Google for smaller sites? The AdWords team did a help and tip photo shoot, they also backed a cake for the one year birthday. There is some fake Matt Cutts ban spam that is not real. We also have logos for Veterans Day, Sesame Street and Berlin Wall to show you. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- PubCon 2009 Vegas Coverage Recap
- Google Caffeine Index Goes Live Right Before Holiday Shopping Season
- Matt Cutts Returns to WebmasterWorld: Caffeine Launch After Holidays
- Google Updates Keyword Tool in Webmaster Tools: Updates Daily & Shows More Detail
- MSNBot Crawl Delay Doesn't Delay
- Bing Adds My Favorite Fact Engine, Wolfram|Alpha
- London Escort Service Using Seductive Images in Google Maps Business Listings
- Google Rich Snippets Coming To Smaller Sites?
- Google AdWords Team's Photo Help Session
- Cute: AdWordsPro Sarah Bakes Cake For AdWords Forums Birthday
- Fake Google Matt Cutts Ban List Referrers?
- Veteran's Day 2009 Logos from Google, Bing, Ask But Not Yahoo
- Sesame Street Count(s) Day 6 Trumps Berlin Wall Logo
- Google's Sesame Street Logo Finale : 12 Doodles