We have your Google webmaster report for August. Also, Bing updated and still is testing for cloaking and is crawling like a mad man. Google pushed the AdWords ads closer to the free listings. Google changes the "more results" link. AdSense sent out multiple checks to publishers. AdSense added category filter features. Google is forcing AdWords users to use new beta. Google Local Business Center is not updating. Google's reconsideration request form doesn't work on IE. There is a new Sitemaps Google error. Google made traffic in maps work for the colorblind. Twitter goes down and the world stops. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- August 2009 Google Webmaster Report
- Bing Search August 2009 Update
- More Cloaking Tests In Form Of Fake Referrers From Microsoft Bing?
- DigitalPoint Founder Upset With MSNBot's Crawl Rate (MSNBot 2.0b)
- Google Pushing AdWords Search Ads Closer To Free Listings
- Google's New "More Results" Quick Link
- Google AdSense Sending Out Duplicate Checks In Mail
- Google AdSense Expands Category Filtering & Adds Features
- Ready Or Not: Google Dropping Old AdWords Interface For New
- Google Local Business Center Updates Not Working?
- Google Site Reconsideration Form Not Working For Many
- New Google Sitemaps Error: "Duplicate URL" Warning
- Google Maps Helps Colorblind See Traffic
- Twitter Goes Down: Mainstream Media Covers It