Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Can META Keyword Tags Confuse Google?
We all know that Google ignores the META keywords tag on pages, or at least that is what we believe and what we are told. This does not mean Google ignores other meta tags, such as the meta description, but they do ignore the keywords meta tag. A recent Google Webmaster Help thread has some confusing information from JohnMu, a Googler. John said: One problem I see when looking at your site's meta tags at
- Google AdSense Reporting Off Again: Impressions High & CTR Low
Feels like at least once a week, I write about how Google AdSense has reporting issues. Today, I spotted a WebmasterWorld thread that has dozens of AdSense publishers complaining that the reports seem off again. Specifically, the issues are as follows: Impressions are twice the normal expected amountClick through rates are about half of the normal expected amountEarnings are (obviously) on target with what is expected In summary, many publishers are noticing high numbers in
- What Attributes Make Up a Good Web Directory?
A HighRankings Forum thread asks how does one distinguish between a good and bad web directory. Web directories are often the first step for many link building campaigns. The obvious directories that come to mind to submit to are dmoz.org and Yahoo's directory. But many people like Best of the Web as well. The question is, how does an SEO or webmaster know which directories are quality and which are not. This gets more important
- Unpausing Google AdWords Campaigns Can Activate Deleted Campaigns
A Sphinn thread reports that in some cases, unpausing a campaigns in an AdWords account can even activate campaigns that have been deleted. Gab Goldberg summarized the story, saying: Google AdWords ripped off this firm for $3200! When they restarted paused campaigns by clicking 'resume all,' Google also resumed deleted campaigns, with all adgroups and ads deleted too! Several AdWords advertisers said they have seen this happen to them in the past. It just sounds
- Mobile Google Not Working For Many
There is a long thread of upset iPhone, G1 and mobile users at Google Mobile Help discussions. It seems like many users who try to access Google.com on their iPhone or G1 are being presented with errors. The first report came in on the 23rd, saying "I get the following error message: "error to use eval to parse history info json string!" But many other users are complaining as well. This is not only impacting
- AdSense Comes To Twitter Via Hex To ACSII Tweet
We know Google is on Twitter, so is AdWords and we know at least two AdWords reps are also. Yesterday, AdSense joined Twitter @adsense. The way AdSense joined was in Google style, the first Tweet was: Ads by 47 6F 6F 6F 6F 6F 6F 6F 67 6C 65 What does that mean? Well, if you use an Hex/ASCII converter and plug in 47:6F:6F:6F:6F:6F:6F:6F:67:6C:65 it translates it to "Gooooooogle." As you see on many Google
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Buying Many Domain Names to Rank Well with Google, WebmasterWorld
- Please Read: About Analytics Individual Qualification Category, Google Analytics Help
- How I Got a Link from CNN, Sphinn
- Presentation Skills for SEO, Sphinn
- A Few Name Changes on the Site, YouTube Help
- AdWords API Sandbox DB Refresh: Friday, March 27, Google Groups
- Matt Cutts video - Google knows about Nofollowed Links, WebmasterWorld