I thought I post this week's video recap on July 4th, because it is a special day. Happy July 4th Americans! In this week's video I show off the various July 4th logos from Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask, and other sites. I discuss the recent "cloaking" debate. I then get into the various changes at Google, Google UK and even over at Yahoo. Then I discuss the news that Google and Yahoo are indexing Flash files. Google dropped the referrals system for DoubleClick's affiliate network. Google's content removal tool should be used correctly. Did Google lose to Viacom and is this a loss for our privacy? Don't forget to secure your brands on social networking sites. Finally, I hit 4 shots and missed five, so congrats to the winner and don't forget, you can win by listening and commenting at SERoundtable.com!
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed (note: If YouTube shows a video not found message, just refresh the page and play it again, it is a YouTube bug):
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Happy July 4th from the Search Industry & JohnMu of Google Takes Break
- Give It Up
- Google Retraction: Blocking Regions Is Not Cloaking
- Updated: Google Says Blocking Countries Outside of the US is Against Policies
- Webmasters Report July 2008 Google SERP Changes
- Webmasters Report July 2008 Google.co.uk SERP Changes
- Google UK Filled with Aussi Sites?
- Yahoo's June Search Update Goes Unnoticed, For Now
- Google & Yahoo Begins to Index Some Flash Files (SWF Files)
- Predicted: Google Drops PPA Program, AdSense Referrals & Adds DoubleClick Affiliate Network
- Google's Content Removal Tool Is Not HTTPS or WWW Specific
- Google Ordered By Court to Turn Over YouTube Records
- Secure Your Brand Name on Social Sites
I may not be able to mail schwag outside of the United States.