A WebmasterWorld thread discusses the pros and cons of using Google's allowed sites feature in AdSense. In short, the Allowed Sites feature is a tool to tell Google, where you want your ads to show. For example, if someone steals your content and takes your ads with your content, they are in a sense, showing your ads. You can specify to Google, I only want my ads to display on specific domains or subdomains.
So what are the pros and cons of using this feature:
- Control your ads
- Ensure you don't get your account disabled because of someone else's content
- Calm your paranoia
- Bugs can prevent your ads from displaying (rare)
- You won't make money on those scraper sites
- Users cant view your ads on translation pages
- You may forget to allow some of your sites
I am sure I missed some items, so feel free to comment.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.