- Marc Barach, Chief Marketing Officer, Ingenio, Inc.
- Dan Hight, Director of eCommerce Sales – Agency Division, Superpages.com
Pay Per Call is paid calls from search.
- Calls: A performance based advertising service and network that drives calls instead of clicks.
- Cost-per-action: Advertisers only pay for tangible results
- Bidding: An auction based marketplace where advertisers compete for top placement
- Targeted: A service that allows advertiser to target ads to specific categories and geographic locations
- Accessible: a marketing vehicle available to any advertiser whether they have a site or not
- Intuitive: A service that requires no change in customer behavior
- Disruptive – A revenue source beyond traditional media
Ad network includes: Internet Search, Internet Yellow Pages, Mobile Search, Directory Assistance, Text Messaging, and Podcasting
How it works: Toll free number redirects to actual customer number. Consumer simply picks up the phone and calls. (This isn’t click to call)
Top 10 Categories for Online Directory Searches
- Cable & Satellite
- Internet Service Providers
- Mortgage Refinancing
- Credit Repair
- Travel Agents
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Auto Insurance
- Cosmetic Surgery
Why Pay Per Call works for Mobile
- Delivers timely relevant content to mobile customers.
- It’s intuitive
- It’s easy to advertisers to get started
- It makes sense for portals and publishers
Top 5 Search Categories for Mobile
- Food and Dining
- Arts & Entertainment
- Family and community
This session echoed a common theme that consumers are searching online but primarily buying offline. (3% buying online and 97% buying offline)
Cost Per Call factors include CTR, Bid Prices, Call Duration, & Repeat calls from the same number.
Advertisers can prefund their account on a one time or reoccurring basis or for larger advertisers they can sign up for invoicing.