While I was away, MSN launched MSN Search Preview II for a little bit. In the forums, they were comparing I to II and guessing when MSN will go live with this technology. Everyone believes that this will occur before the end of the year. At Search Engine Watch Forum, Nacho lists out his observations about the differences between I and II.
- Keyword-in-domain continues being strong, but not as much as Round 1.
- Cache is as fresh as your grocery store around the corner.
- Improved navigation and nicer looks.
- The index seems to have been growing nicely.
- link:www.domain.com is working well too.
- Big authority websites carry weight in ranking. Seems like mom & pop will continue to struggle.
- On page factors and content weigh in heavily.
- Results for other languages are not coming up well (I tried Spanish).