Fun week in search, led off by Google's 20th employee after 13 years leaving Google to become the CEO of Yahoo, oh, she is also expecting her first child in a few months. Google released Panda for Japanese and Korean languages. SEOs cite Penguin as the reason for Google's earnings being so high. There are web sites charging fees to remove links they have pointing to your web site. Google sent out a batch of unnatural link notifications the past day or so. Google added a download the latest links feature in Webmaster Tools. Google said, if they ignore links, it can confuse Google. Google also said, don't make multiple sites for regions you operate in - put it all in one site. Bing added Foursquare to the Bing social bar. Google brought back author stats to Google Webmaster Tools. Google added previews to Google Webmaster Tools links. Google finally added a way to safely share access to your Google AdSense account. Firefox 14 launched with Google SSL on by default, get ready for more [not provided] in your stats. Finally, Google sunset the old Google Analytics user interface finally. That was this past week on search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Why Did Marissa Mayer Leave Google To Be The CEO Of Yahoo?
- Korea & Japan Get Google's Panda Algorithm
- SEOs: Google Penguin Leads To 42% Increase In Paid Clicks
- Want Me To Remove That Link? Pay Me $500!
- Google Sends Out New Batch Of Unnatural Link Notifications
- See Your Newest Links In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google: Ignored Links Can Confuse Google's Algorithms
- Google: Wouldn't It Be Annoying If USPS Did Multiple Sites?
- Bing Adds Foursquare Reviews To Social Bar
- Author Stats Returns To Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Previews Added To Google Webmaster Tools Crawl Errors
- Safely Give Others Access To Your Google AdSense Account
- Firefox 14 Launches: Expect Increase In [Not Provided]
- Google 404s The Old Google Analytics