Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Use The Disavow Tool Like A Machete & Not Fine-Toothed Comb
Earlier this month, Google's head of search spam, responded to a comment on his blog explaining that when most SEOs and Webmasters use the disavow tool, they use it wrong. Matt Cutts said you should not use it like a "fine-toothed comb" but rather use it like you would use a "machete," Matt wrote
- Google AdWords Tests Off Pink Color
Techno-Net informed me via Twitter that Google is testing yet another background color for the AdWords top ad spots. This is not the first time they tried a purple or pink'ish color. In July 2010 they tested a pale purple color as a background image...
- Google Apps iOS Users Stop Getting Push Email Via Exchange: A Bug?
There are hundreds of complaints in the Gmail Help forums from iOS users who use Google Apps or Gmail with the Exchange setup that are saying they are no longer getting email to them being pushed. I am one of those people, so I can confirm this is indeed an issue...
- Bing News Gets Carousel, Related People & Older Results
Bing announced they have updated Bing News to add a news carousel for specific types of searches. They also added related individuals on the right hand side. Finally, when the search is not news related or doesn't have fresh news stories...
- Memorial Day: Google's Ribbon vs. Bing's Home Page
Today is Memorial Day in the United States of America, a very important day to show your American patriotism and thank our soliders for protecting the country. To celebrate the day, some of the search engines place logos...
- Louis Gray's Android Shrine
A year and a half ago, I posted a picture of Louis Gray's Android obsession. Louis Gray is a well known blogger, turned Googler, who is a bit obsessed with Android toys. He had a wall of them then,
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google+ and Schema.org bug Carefully go though your stream…, Terry Simmonds - Google+
- Can I use Meta Robots in conjunction with Rel=Canonical, Rel=Next,Prev on the same page?, Google Webmaster Help
- SAPE was hit in 2.0, blackhatworld.com
- Bing Launches Sitemap Plugin 1.0, WebmasterWorld
- I'm Seeing More Tweets in the Search Results, WebmasterWorld
- Announcement: @Mentions (Beta) on English AdWords, AdWords Community
- Report: Yahoo’s Bid for Hulu in $600M to $800M Range, WebmasterWorld
- Tip 4: How to avoid AdWords ad disapprovals? (Part II), AdWords Community