One of the most frequent questions I see in the Google Maps Help forum is when will Google update the satellite or street views picture of my house or office. Well, now Google can alert you when there has been update, so that you don't have to manually check every couple of hours.
(1) Go to followyourworld.appspot.com
(2) Login to your Google account if you haven't.
(3) Search for an address or latitude/longitude point.
(4) Align the map to the center, between the cross hairs.
(5) Then hit "Select Point"
(6) Feel free to override the name (if you want)
(7) Hit "Submit"
Next time Google Maps does an imagery update of that area, you will get an email to your Google account.
Here is a picture of the page:
Forum discussion at Google Maps Help.