This week I am doing this video recap from Israel, so please excuse the scenery and the quality of the video. First, I discussed the Google Panda refresh on November 21st. I then get into the major security bug letting unauthorized users access to Google Webmaster Tools. Google said short content can rank well in Google. Also, getting a penalty removal doesn't mean your rankings will increase. DuckDuckGo explains how their bots might not listen. Bing launches a Scroogled campaign. AdWords has new reporting columns for ad disapprovals. PRWeb's fake press release leads me to the question on how Google should react to it. That was this past week of search news at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Official Google Panda #22 Update: November 21
- Google Webmaster Tools Security Breach Fixed
- Google: Short Content Can Be Useful & Rank Well
- Google Penalty Removal Won't Necessarily Improve Rankings
- DuckDuckGo Not Respecting Robots.txt Directives?
- Bing Says: Don't Get Scroogled By Google
- Monitor Google AdWords Ad Disapprovals With New Reports
- PRWeb Lead To Fake Press Release. How Should Google React?