Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- December 2010 Google Webmaster Report
Here is our monthly summary of what SEOs and webmasters are talking about in terms of SEO and ranking changes at Google. Each month we cover a WebmasterWorld thread where webmasters and SEOs talk about every little change they see occur in their rankings and at Google...
- Google's Holiday Decorations: Christmas Tree, Chanukah Dreidel & Kwanzaa Flag
Every year since 2005, Google dresses up the side bar on the left side of the search ads with holiday decorations. The decorations change based on your search query. For example...
- Google Product Listing Ads Not Tracking Conversions Properly
There is a confirmed issue with conversion tracking on Google's Product Listing Ads (PLAs). A Google representative, AdWords' Bindu...
- Google Social Sitelinks & Language Sitelinks
Google Social Sitelinks: As I covered yesterday at Search Engine Land, Google announced they now will add Social Sitelinks to the Sitelinks within the search results...
- Structure Is King With SEO, Not Content
Forums like Sphinn and WebmasterWorld are discussing one of the latest SEO interviews by Mike McDonald at WebProNews. Mike interviewed Derrick Wheeler, Microsoft's Senior SEO Architect about how to handle large scale...
- Google Thailand Day Logo 2010
Special Google Logo on December 5, 2010 for Thailand Day on Google Thailand...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 9 Step SEO Checkup Using Google Webmaster Tools, Sphinn
- Do Big Brands Not Get Seo?, HighRankings Forums
- Don't Forget The Importance Of Deep Linking, Sphinn
- Doodle Thailand Day, Google Blogoscoped
- Happy 2nd Birthday!, Google Webmaster Help
- Phishing email alert, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Sinterklaas, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Ninja Day 2010 Theme, Search Engine Roundtable Forums
- Tap Tap Tap - This Thing On?, WebmasterWorld
- google-commerce-search 1st birthday, Google Merchant Center Help