Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's JohnMu: I Am Not A Magician
Some people think that if you know someone at Google, they can pull strings and give you better rankings. Truth is, it doesn't work that way. In fact, I know Googlers who struggle with their own personal sites' rankings more than most SEOs...
- Google Updates Map Updates With New Interfaces
Google's Daniel M. announced in the Google Maps Help forum that they have streamlined the process of improving the results within Google Maps. Now when you click on "Report a problem"...
- Google Is Wrong! The Link Is Natural!
There are two common sayings you've all heard in this field. The first is, "no one is perfect" and the second is, "never tell Google they are wrong." As you can imagine, they don't go well together. No one, including, no algorithm or person...
- Google Celebrates MLK's "I Have a Dream" Speech On 50th Anniversary
Today if you visit the Google home page in Google USA, you will see a logo that shows Martin Luther King giving his "I Have a Dream" speech. Today is the 50th anniversary from the day that Martin Luther King gave the address at the March on Washington on August 28...
- Official: Google's Keyword Tool Replaced
As you may remember, Google announced they are replacing the external keyword tool with the Google Keyword Planner tool. Well, it took some time...
- Google Cargo Truck
Mike Brzozowski, a User Experience Researcher working on Google+, shared on Google+ a picture of a cargo truck with the Google name on it. It seems legit but hard to tell if it is photoshop'ed. Why
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Knowledge Graph Pulling More Reviews, Google Webmaster Help
- Back button to search results no longer works in IE 10 on Surface RT, Google Web Search Help
- New members of Rising Stars group, AdWords Community
- The Science Of Buying Signals, Cre8asite Forums
- Troubleshooting "big Traffic Change For Top Url", HighRankings Forums
- Can I use Url Redirect Code in the head of the page, WebmasterWorld