Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: July 26, 2013
This week's search video recap is sponsored by EliteFlyers.com and you can win a free t-shirt and maybe more by watching this video...
- Google's Matt Cutts: You Can Hide Content Only When...
In one of Google's Matt Cutts recent videos, Matt answered the questions of it is okay to use those expandable web techniques to expand and collapse content. It is okay to use those techniques or is it considered hidden text and against Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
- Google Keyword Planner Tool Bug
As you know, Google's keyword planner tool is going to overtake the keyword research tool and advertisers are getting accustomed to the new tool.
- Google AdSense Adds Time Zone Preference For Reporting
Google announced you can now change the time zone of your AdSense reporting to your local time zone. Much like how Google added that for AdWords about six years ago...
- Bing Enhances Search Suggestions As You Type
Bing announced they have greatly expanded their autosuggest engine to include a lot more types of queries, such as brands, movies, albums, places, software, sport teams...
- Google Discontinues AdSense On Google Sites August 30th
Google has quietly posted a notice that they are "sunsetting AdSense" for Google Sites. It appears that after August 30, 2013, the AdSense ads on Google Sites will no longer be able to be edited or added to. You can delete them...
- Google Israel Map Pin Life Size In Blue
You see these map pins where you see Google, life size representation of the red pins you see on Google Maps but at various real locations to draw attention to an entrance or something. At Google Isr
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing Translator Widget Revised, WebmasterWorld
- Google+ Local iOS App to Be Retired: Now Integrated with…, Mark Traphagen - Google+
- Can hanging out on blackhat forums cause you ranking problems?, WebmasterWorld
- Meet James Graham, founder of HistoryOrb.com and a 10-year…, Google AdSense - Google+
- NEW Video: Setting Bid Adjustments by Time of Day, AdWords Community