Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's John Mueller: Knowledge Graph Listings Should Not Be Branded
In a Google Webmaster Hangout from a week ago on Google+, John Mueller of Google was presented with a question on why some brands rank so well within the Knowledge Graph on Google. Here are two examples...
- Google: The Effects Of Duplicate Content In Search
Duplicate content in the SEO space has been an important topic for as long as I've been in the industry. I've covered it here countless times. Today...
- Google Maps Search Results Let You Now Scroll For More Results
Google Maps has added scroll bar to their search results interface. If you go to Google Maps and search for let's say [ice cream]...
- Google Analytics iOS App
Google announced on Google+ that the iOS app for logging into your Google Analytics accounts and checking your analytics for your various properties is now available. It is free and works really nicely...
- The Next Iron Google Chef
Bentley Smith from Google posted a video of challenge number one of the Google Next Iron Chef contest happening now at Google Atlanta. Above is a picture from the video, but embedded below is the Goo
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Authorship stats stopped updated, Google Webmaster Help
- Google Adds Calendar Functionality in SERPs, Twitter / ShimonSandler
- Continuing Demise of Authorship Stats - Could It Now Be a Spam Signal? Google SEO News and Discussion forum at WebmasterWorld, WebmasterWorld