Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google May Be Pushing Out A New Update: Possibly Penguin?
I am seeing very early signs of another possible Google update both based on chatter at the WebmasterWorld and in other forums and social media spaces. I am also getting private data shared with me by those who are tracking this closely...
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Block Resources Debug With Fetch & Render
- Google: Adult Web Sites Are Not Automatically Spammy Web Sites
Some folks in the search space feel that adult sites, pornographic sites, are automatically considered to be spammy by Google. Truth is, while there is a ton of spam in those industries, not all adult sites are spammy. Google's John Mueller said so in a Stack Exchange thread...
- Bing: Webmaster Forums Closing Down, Go To WebmasterWorld Instead
Duane Forrester from Bing announced on the Bing Webmaster Blog that they are closing down the Bing Webmaster Forums in the upcoming days. Honestly...
- Google's Prototype Self Driving Autonomous Cars
We've covered many topics on the Google self driving car here before but now, Google is working on building out their own car for it. The car, as you can see from the picture above, looks cartoon like, but it works...
- A Yahoo Robot Cake
Yahoo's 19th birthday was a few months ago today but I wanted to share this neat cake from their birthday. It is a Yahoo robot holding the purple Yahoo logo, on white boxes of chocolate. Pretty swee
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Twitter and Omnicom Reach $230 Million Mobile Ad Deal, WebmasterWorld
- Front Page Search Displays Unexpected Game of Thrones Spoilers, Google Web Search Help