Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: April 22, 2011
This week, I do a shorter recap of the news at the Search Engine Roundtable. I start off with Google's Webmaster Tools link reports being wrong. Bing changed how they link to their image results...
- Search For Yahoo Search On Google & Get AllTheWeb
As you know, Yahoo has decided to shut down AllTheWeb by redirecting AllTheWeb.com to Yahoo Search. I guess Google isn't too happy about that decision, because if you search for [yahoo search] in Google, Google ranks AllTheWeb...
- Yahoo Search To Keep Data 18 Months
In 2009 Yahoo made a big splash in the industry by saying they will only hold on to search data for 90 days. It was a very short amount of time to retain search queries but Yahoo did it. Now Yahoo is reversing that decision and upping it from 3 months to 18 months...
- Google News More Personalized For You
Google News announced that the home page is now more personalized for those who are logged in to Google while using it. Google added two new sections...
- Google AdWords Easter Optimization Tips On Good Friday
Google is offering some tips for optimizing your AdWords campaigns for the Easter holiday this coming Sunday. AdWords representative, Mini, offered up these tips on Good Friday. The tips include keyword ideas, ad text creatives, biding and budgeting...
- New Google Analytics V5 Now Available To Everyone
The Google Analytics Blog announced that the new version of Google Analytics: Version 5 is now available to everyone. To see it for yourself, sign into Google Analytics and at the top click on the red "New Version" link...
- Earth Day Logos From Google & Others
Today is both Earth Day and Good Friday and while no search engines have a special logo for Good Friday, many do for Earth Day. Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL, Ask.com and others have special logos for the special day...
- Google's Living Wall Logo In Sydney
At Google Sydney there is a "living wall" Google logo in the reception area. This picture was taken by Danny Sullivan on April 15, 2011 during his visit to Australia.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Blekko Ads Facebook Comments To Its Search Results, WebmasterWorld
- Can YOU get Panda cooties by linking to a Panda Loser?, WebmasterWorld
- Did Google Use AOL for "Panda Testing"?, WebmasterWorld
- Horrible Mistakes Lead To Almost Total De-indexing, HighRankings Forums
- The Panda Metric : Google's Quest for the Holy Grail of Search, WebmasterWorld
- What’s New About Landing Page Policy? Google Responds, Sphinn
- Yahoo Postpones Roll Out Of Microsoft's Ad Programs Outside of U.S., WebmasterWorld
- Jury Finds Against Google in Linux Patent Case, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Announces New Leader For Advertising, WebmasterWorld