Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Are Animated Google+ Profile Pictures Acceptable For Authorship?
Google announced on Google+ twice that you can now use an animated GIF for your profile photo. What does that mean?.
- Most SEOs Feel Google Gives Brands Preferential Treatment
I polled you guys asking if Google Give Brands Preferential Treatment? We have well over 300 responses now and 74% of you said they do. Only...
- Ask.com Not An Arbitrage Engine
Back in October, Ask.com kind of got some bad rep over possibly using Google AdWords for arbitrage purposes...
- Google Search Tests Orange URLs & Light Blue Titles
As I reported on Search Engine Land via Tecnonet, Google is playing around with the search interface again...
- Google Easter/April Fools 2013 Update?
Over the weekend there was some chatter in the WebmasterWorld thread of some shifts and changes in the Google rankings. Here are some comments from Webmasters...
- I'm Getting Google Glass - No Joke
While today may be April 1st, aka April Fools Day, I am not joking around when I say that I am getting Google Glass.
- Google's Cesar Chavez Logo Insults Christians On Easter
Today is one of the most celebrated days of the year for Christians, Easter Sunday. And while search engines like Bing and Ask.com have special themes up for Easter, Google has a logo for the birthday of Cesar Chavez...
- Google eTown Awards
Did you know Google has awards for "eTowns"? The Google eTown Awards was posted on Flickr by James Rudd from Towcester News. As you can see, Andrea Leadsom MP at...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google To Deprecate Search API for Shopping, WebmasterWorld
- Judge Rules Mathematical Algorithms Can't Be Patented, WebmasterWorld
- March 2013 AdSense Earnings and Observations, WebmasterWorld