Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Did Google's Schmidt Say Google+ Increases Rankings?
The Drum has a sensational headline that reads Eric Schmidt confirms Google+ content is given search priority. Eric Schmidt was the CEO of Google, now the Executive chairman of Google. So when he says things like that...
- Legally Accused Of Manipulating Google's Search Results
A structure settlement company based in Maryland claims they were sued by a competitor for manipulating the search results to make their competitor look bad in Google. This company is seeking an "SEO expert" to write a legal letter to help them out in court...
- Older Tweets Now Showing In Twitter Search
Twitter announced they are now displaying older tweets, when relevant, in their search results. Twitter said that the older tweets that show up in the search results represents a "fairly small percentage of total Tweets ever sent...
- Flickr Shared My Private Photos With Everyone
Saturday, I received an incredibly disturbing email from the Vice President of Flickr Brett Wayn. He informed me that my private photos on Flickr were available for anyone in the world to see...
- Glowing Android Eyes At GooglePlex
Remember that huge silver Android statue placed in the outside lobby area of the Android building? Well, the eyes glow green and red at night time. Pretty freaky. Richard Hay from Google shared a p
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Creepy sitelinks, Threadwatch.org
- Responsive Web RE-Design and SERP, WebmasterWorld
- Something different - Revenue model of the Future?, WebmasterWorld