Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Sends Manual Actions For Rich Snippet Spam & Spammy Structured Markup
Rich snippet spam has been an issue since rich snippets came out and eventually added a report rich snippet spam tool. Then Google dropped the amount of rich snippets showing in the search results recently...
- Google AdWords Flexible Conversion Counting
Google sent an email to AdWords advertisers yesterday announcing a new change to how Google will allow you to customize how you count conversions. Kim Clinkunbroomer posted the details on Google+ about what is launching this month in AdWords...
- Microsoft's New CEO Is A Search Guy, Satya Nadella
Yesterday, Microsoft named Satya Nadella their new CEO. Yes, he is a familiar name for many of you because he has been involved in search at Microsoft for years. He keynoted at one of the first, if not the first...
- Playable YouTube Videos Directly In Google's Search Results
Moz on Google+ noticed a new search result format showing up in the search results for videos. When you do a search that triggers videos, I think only from YouTube...
- Google NoFollows Google+ Profile Links
Folks on Google+ noticed that Google+ has recently began nofollow many of the links in your profile by default. So if you visit my profile page on Google+, the section where it says "Links", most of those, if not all, seem to be nofollowed...
- First Google Glass Explorers Get Prescription Frames Fitted
Alex Dennis went to the Optometrist to get his new pair of framed Google Glass fitted with his prescription. He used Dr. Barry Kay from Hollywood Eyes and even a local TV crew came out to capture it.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- AdSense 1099-misc, WebmasterWorld
- Google's misleading term for searching Hummingbirg, Google Webmaster Help
- Making +Post ads part of the conversation In the two…, Eider Oliveira - Google+
- Firefox 27 arrives, WebmasterWorld
- Let's Play..."which Google Animal Is It?", HighRankings Forums
- Since the beginning of time, ideas big and small, practical…, Google - Google+
- Tip of the Week: Use Pivot Tables to empower analysis…, Google Analytics - Google+