This week the big news was that Bing updated their user interface a bit and also added Foursquare checkins to Bing Maps. Google is testing a domain instead of IP address for cache access. Google's English or /NCR interface is not working for Chinese users, it is a bug. Another Google Bug was thought to be a Chinese hack. AdWords launched "Search Funnels" that helps tracks keywords that assisted in conversions. Google may stop partners from changing user settings. Google won big in the EU courts over trademark search ad law. Google Maps allows business owners to specify service areas. Google Maps tests special ads with hotel pricing. Some SEOs use search operators for link building and some don't. We covered about 40 sessions at SES NY this week. Google had a Doodle for Akira Kurosawa and Israeli Educational TV. Finally, should I test setting these videos as rentals? Just kidding. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Cache URLs To Be webcache.googleusercontent.com?
- Google To Fix Google China Bug With /NCR URL
- Google Language Detection Bug Confused As Chinese Hack
- Check Keywords That Assist Conversions With Google AdWords Search Funnels
- Speculation: Google To Disallow Search Partners From Changing User's Default Settings
- Google Win In EU Court Over Louis Vuitton Trademark Case
- Google Maps Expands Businesses Reach With Services Areas & Locations
- Google Maps Testing Ads With Hotel Prices
Link Building & SEO: