Google seemed to have a minor search update, while Bing had a major search index update. Microsoft and Google both confirmed deals with Twitter on the firehouse. Yahoo added Delicious data and Search Monkey data to Site Explorer. AdWords released an update to their API v2009 and is sunsetting version 13 on April 22, 2010. Google confirmed the ad position move made for a higher click through rate. Google is indenting multiple results now. Bing is a bit too crawl happy with MSNBot. Google added " is this accurate" to the web maps. Most SEOs do not link to competitors. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Maybe a Minor Google Search Update (October 2009)?
- Bing October 2009 Search Index Update
- Google, Bing & (Yes) Yahoo Buy Tweets From Twitter
- Yahoo Site Explorer Adds Key Terms, Delicious Activities, Delicious Tags & SearchMonkey Objects
- Google AdWords API v2009 Gets Asynchronous Calls & Version 13 Sunsets April 22, 2010
- Google Confirms Higher Click Through Rate As Result of Ads Position To Free Listings
- Google Now Indenting Two Results In Search Results
- Bing's MSNBot Crawl Happy?
- Google Adds "Is This Accurate" To Map Details on Web Search
- Survey: Most SEOs Won't Link To Competitors