Google launched a new beta for advertisers to target users based on their interests and online behaviors. Don't worry, AdSense publishers can opt out. AdSense had a major contextual relevancy bug that results in lots of lost money. Utah's House passed a law banning trademarked keywords for search ads. Google pushed off the Blog Search update. Microsoft is discontinuing their adCenter analytics. Google's keyword tool had major issues this week. SEM companies are weathering the recession just fine, according to a recent poll. 55 percent of SEO's won't take on pay for performance deals. Spaced out nofollow attributes currently don't pass value. Google Docs had a major security breach. Google Maps can't help you find a lost car but it may send horny men to your office. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google's Behavioral Ad Beta Scares Publishers Over Contextual Relevancy
- Google Gives AdSense Publishers Way To Opt Out of Interest Based Ads
- AdSense Stats Issue Maybe Related To Google's Contextual Relevancy Failure
- Utah Law Passes Ban On Trademarked Search Ads: SEMs Discuss
- Google Postpones Blog Search Ranking Update
- Microsoft Shuts Down adCenter Analytics
- Google's Keyword Tool Acting Funky?
- Most SEM Companies Are Weathering Recession Just Fine
- Do Nofollow Tags With Spaces Pass Link Value?
- 55% Of SEO Companies Won't Offer Pay For Performance Deals
- Google Docs Security Breach Should Encourage People Not to Use Google Health
- Car Stolen? Find It With Google Maps?
- Google Sends 'Horny' Guys To Marketing Firm's Doorstep