Could be a tough question depending on how you look at it. For the most part if you are doing keyword and phrase research in languages different than English, you might find it a tad bit difficult to get some good data about specific terms. How they are used, who searches for them, what is there popularity, are all information you might want to know. So when the Overture Suggestion Tool doesn't live up to its name, what do you do? Get creative and search deeper! This question was asked at Highrankings today, and thought it would be helpful if I pointed out some resources and possibly ways for people conducting these searches to find the best keywords.
Here are some of the following tools that will enable you to search for country specific or foreign language terms (organized by country or language):
1. Talk to someone using the specific language you are looking for. Ask them about how the words or phrases are used in everyday conversation. Get them to compare two phrases, and ask them which is more relevant in the local market. Get the lowdown on recent trends in that specific language or country.
2. Research terms in Google. Find other websites using specific phrases and how often. Look for offical sources of information, such as university websites or newspapers.
3. Research your Competitors. See if your competitors are as fluent as you think they are.
4. Use a tool to conduct popularity research:
Digitalpoint Keyword Suggestion Tool. -United States, Austria, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/
Overture Suggestion Tool -Spain http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?mkt=es -Japan http://inventory.jp.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ -Korea http://inventory.kr.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ -Australia http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?mkt=au/ -Norway http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?mkt=no/ -France http://inventory.fr.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ -Germany http://inventory.de.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/
Google Sandbox - AdWords Suggestions - one of the most complete Everything from English to Urkrainian https://adwords.google.com/select/main?cmd=KeywordSandbox
Spain: Espotting http://es.espotting.com/popups/keywordgenbox.asp
Italy Keyword Suggestion http://www.godado.it/k_lookup.vep
Good Directory of Suggestions Tools http://www.dwoz.com/default.asp?Pr=123
5. Repeat Steps 1-4 again. Compile list of research and start to select the best phrases for your pages.