Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Announced 50+ Search Updates, Which Are Penguin Related?
Google released their now monthly update on the changes they made to Google search over the past month. It is really great that Google does this and this time they shared 53 changes in April. But let's try to see which items in this list are Penguin related. Can we even figure that out?
- Matt Cutts: Split Testing Is Approved By Google
A thread at HackerNews has Google's Matt Cutts defending itself over accusations that a split A/B test has allegedly caused Google to delist a site from the search engine...
- Google's Next Update To Be Named Panther?
Since Google has been on a roll with huge updates being named either Panda or Penguin, SEOs are having fun asking what will Google's next large update be named...
- Google Analytics Now Shows You Who's Linking To You
Google announced they have added a new feature to Google Analytics to show you who is linking to a specific page. To see it, go to Google Analytics...
- Google HVAC Logo
A company named Westaflex, has 2,700 employees and was founded in Germany in the 1930s, must have switched to Google Apps because they use their HVAC supplies to make this Google logo.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Sets Price Range at $28 to $35 for IPO, WebmasterWorld
- Including backlinks on plugins - still a good idea?, WebmasterWorld
- May 2012 AdSense Earnings & Observations, WebmasterWorld