Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google+ Adds Views Metric To Profiles
Yesterday, there was all this craze about Google+ adding a new metric named "views" to your profile. Google's Yonatan Zunger posted on his Google+ profile the meaning behind the views count. In short...
- Google's Cutts: Here Is How Google Evaluates New Algorithms
Google's Matt Cutts, depicted here in an April Fools style animated GIF, posted a video on how Google goes about evaluating new search algorithms...
- Google Index Status Reports Now With HTTPS & Subdirectories
Google announced the Index Status reports within Google Webmaster Tools now lets you differentiate between HTTP, HTTPS and subdirectories. Google's John Mueller said "If you're a data-driven SEO (or just love to see how your site's indexed), you'll love this change :)...
- Product Images Within Google Organic Results?
Google is now testing product images within the free/organic listings. Google has had product images in the AdWords and Google Product Listing Ads for a long time but it is rare to see Google test showing product images within the free listings...
- Google's April Fools Pranks 2014: Webmasters, AdSense, AdWords & More
I really dislike April Fools, yea, I am not fun. But anyway, you've probably seen most of the April Fools pranks from Google by now but let me share some you may not have seen yet. (1) Google Webmaster Blogs have a reward hiding...
- Google Putting Green
It looks like Google set up a new office in Mountain View and that new office has a putting green, or miniature golf. Mark Louie posted photos of the new office on Google+ and here is the putting gre
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How do I PRINT the map?????, Google Maps Help
- Microsoft's Satya Nadella Appoints New Executives, WebmasterWorld
- Report: Yahoo In Talks Over News Distribution Network Inc., WebmasterWorld