Google's AdSense Competitive Filter Not Working a 100%?

Sep 5, 2006 • 7:49 am | comments (2) by twitter Google+ | Filed Under Google AdSense
 

A WebmasterWorld thread has several AdSense publishers complaining that the Google AdSense Competitive Ad Filters does not seem to be working 100% of the time.

I've been noticing that several competitive Urls that we've had blocked for some time are starting to show back up on the site. I've dumped the list for a couple of days, then put them back in, next day there back on the site! Is anyone else seeing this?

The folks in the thread understand that it "may take up to 4 hours for ads linking to these URLs to be filtered from your pages." But the ads sometimes still show. Are they typing in the URLs wrong? Who knows...

Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.

Previous story: Google Giving Search Engine Optimization Classes
 

Comments:

Doug Karr

09/05/2006 01:07 pm

I've noticed the same thing on my site. I work for a major Email Service Provider. Not only do I need to continuously modify my competitive filter on an ongoing basis, I've noticed a couple of the advertisers 'spoofing' by having multiple domains. A better feature may be reverse filter... where I can put in any keywords and ONLY display the company that I want to. That way, I would not have to continuously edit the filter. Regards, DOug

Neil

09/25/2006 06:42 am

The same goes with me. A 'reverse filter' would make more sense. I run a small audio service, providing digital transfers, and a recording studio. Google keeps putting more companies on my site that do the same thing. I would rather market supplies for audio and music. If this doesn't calm down, I'm just going to cancel it.

blog comments powered by Disqus