Very busy week with Google releasing the major next generation Penguin update, Penguin 2.0. Bing also may have made a search update a few days ago. Sprint was served a user generated content penalty by Google. Google pushed out a domain clustering update, which impacted the site command. Google launched conversation search on their desktop. Google supports 6 new data types for the data highlighter tool. Webmasters are upset that Matt Cutts responds specifically to large brands, but Googlers also spend a ton of time helping smaller ones. Google Maps is back to five star reviews. Google AdWords launched keyword planner and flexible bid strategies. Google AdSense lets publishers modify their ad code but only in specific cases, like responsive design. Yahoo spent $1.1 billion to buy Tumblr. Google Glass is now available for #ifihadglass winners. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Pushed Out The Major Penguin Update (v2.0 #4)
- Bing Search Update On May 22nd?
- Google Slaps Sprint For Spammy Community Forum
- Google Site Command Temporary Issue Due To Domain Clustering
- Video: Google Conversational Search In Action
- 6 New Data Types Now Supported By Google's Data Highlighter Rich Snippet Tool
- Webmasters Upset Big Brands Get Personalized Responses From Google's Matt Cutts
- Google Webmaster Trends Analyst Spends One Hour Trying To Contact A Hacked Site
- Google Maps Business Ratings Now Up To Five Stars
- Google AdWords Launched Keyword Ad Planner
- Flexible Bid Strategies Comes To Google AdWords
- Google AdSense Let's Publishers Modify Ad Code For Responsive Design & Other More
- Yahoo Spends $1.1 Billion To Be Cool (Buy Tumblr)
- How #ifihadglass Can Check To Pick Up Google Glass