This week I noticed a lot of chatter around a possible Google update, maybe related to Panda that Google denied. Facebook is working on new spam algorithms for the news feed. Google’s Matt Cutts debunked two SEO myths again. Google is testing shopping ads in the knowledge graph carousel. Most SEOs claim they were hurt more with Penguin 2.1. 65% of SEOs prefer manual actions over algorithmic demotions from Google. Most SEOs said the disavow tool didn’t help improve their rankings. Most SEOs feel Google lies to them. Google Analytics changed the words visits to sessions and unique visitors to users. Google is asking for feedback on the Webmaster Tools API. Google’s earnings disappoint as they drop in the number of paid clicks. Google Glass gets XE16 which brings KitKat OS and more. I'll be offline for Passover Monday and Tuesday, have a good Passover. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda Refresh Or Softer Panda Update?
- Facebook Unveils New Spam Algorithms
- Google's Cutts On Big SEO Myths Are...
- Google Shopping Results In Knowledge Graph Carousel
- 70% Said Google's Penguin 2.1 Update Hurt Them
- 65% Prefer Google Manual Actions Over Algorithmic Demotions
- Only 13% Claim Google's Disavow Tool Worked For Them
- Poll: Only 10% Of Webmasters/SEOs Feel Google Doesn't Lie To Them
- Google Analytics: Visits Now Sessions & Unique Visitors Now Users
- Google: Ask Us How You're Using The Webmaster Tools API
- Google Q1 2014 Earnings: Paid Clicks Drop, While CPC Holds
- XE16 Comes To Google Glass With KitKat OS & More Features