Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Results: 47% Will Try Google's PageSpeed Service, 30% Won't
A few months ago, Google launched a CDN like page speed service and we asked, would you give Google pagespeed a try...
- New SEO Term: Google Vibration Effect
On day two of a new SEO term, we have Google Vibration Effect. This one comes with no explanation. A DigitalPoint Forums thread just has one webmaster stating someone told him his site suffers from it...
- 9.2% Of You Lost Your Jobs Due To Google's Panda Update
The unemployment rate as released on October 7th is at 9.1%, pretty high for U.S. standards. How does that relate to the SEO industry? Well, it doesn't but it is unusually close to the 9.2% of you who claimed you lost your job because of the Google Panda Update.
- Matt Cutts Capturing Baby Pandas!
Danny Sullivan posted yet another funny picture on his Google + profile. Danny said, "I was able to sneak into the GooglePlex last night and was able to find +Matt Cutts's office. I was shocked..."
- New SEO Term: Google BLOOP
Since I am offline today, figured it would be fun to post a new SEO term I spotted in the forums today and tomorrow. Today's new term is BLOOP...
- Spelling & Grammar Not A Direct Google Ranking Factor
A new thread at Google Webmaster Help asked a question that Matt Cutts of Google has a video answer on. The question was, is spelling and/or grammar a ranking factor used by Google...
- Most SEOs Report Hacked Sites To Google
A few months ago we polled our readers asking Do You Report Malware In Search Results To Google...
- Bing Influences Many SEOs To Use Meta Keywords Tag
About a month ago, Bing confirmed they use the meta keywords tag as part of their many ranking signals. As we said then, Yahoo did also. Most SEOs I know, at least in the publishing business, don't bother with the meta keywords but according to my poll...
- Angry Birds At Google
Danny Sullivan was at the Google Zeitgeist a few weeks ago and snapped a picture of when Tony Hawk wins against Scooter Braun in Angry Birds challenge at the event. He posted the picture on Google +.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Foursquare Launches Radar, WebmasterWorld
- Google Engineer Calls Google+ a Pathetic Afterthought, WebmasterWorld