Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Now Offering AdSense Email Support
A WebmasterWorld thread by netmeg notes that Google AdSense is now offering some publishers email support. There were rumors of better support coming for AdSense publishers for years but nothing really came until today...
- Can You Learn From Google's Autocomplete
The BBC released, what seems like an informal study, on Google's autocomplete suggestions across the world. In short, they published a document that looked at the autocompletes for A-Z for the Google regional search engines in Britain, the US, India...
- Link Building By Client Requesting Links Directly
A WebmasterWorld thread has one link builder asking if you ever make the request of your client to submit link requests on your behalf. For example...
- Ask Google's Matt Cutts Questions For His Videos
Matt Cutts, Google's lead of search spam, announced on Google+ that he is now accepting questions for his next round of videos to be posted to the Google Webmaster Help YouTube Channel.
- Markup Tags Showing In Google+ Local Pages
There are confirmed reports in Google Places Help that in some cases, under the "from the owner" section in the Google Maps / Google+ Local business profile, HTML and other web markup may show up. DIV tags, ULs and bullets...
- Google Glass Walks Down The Fashion Runway
DVF posted a picture of one of their models wearing Google Glass in preparation to walk down the runway. Diane von Furstenberg is a luxury lifestyle brand and they will have smart glasses as part of
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Age of Penguin sites, WebmasterWorld
- How Much Does Domain Matter?, HighRankings Forums
- Pages showing up in WMT as 'not found' don't actually exist, WebmasterWorld