Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- WhoCalld.com Admits Phone Number Sites Are Google Spam After Matt Cutts Debate
As you may remember, Matt Cutts and the Google web spam team is not all that happy with phone number sites. They simply dislike how many of them do not add "value add" to the experience and thus have gone after them for the past couple years. More interesting to me is the conversation Google's Matt Cutts...
- Webmaster: I've Tested Negative SEO Through Links & It Works
Last week we reported that most webmasters are claiming negative SEO is easier now than ever. If you look at the conversation there, you will see it is somewhat of a hot topic...
- Facebook Explains Organic Reach; While Some Users Are Afraid To Like Content
Facebook posted a Q&A on organic reach of Facebook stories and feeds. Meaning, why you see some of your friends posts and why you don't...
- Google: We've Massively Updated Our Site Move Help Documentation
Later on Friday, Google announced that they've updated their site move guidelines and documentation. Pierre Far...
- First Animated Doodle 4 Google Logo
Today on the Google home page, Google is featuring the logo for the winner of the Doodle 4 Google competition. The winner is Audrey Zhang, an 11 year-old from New York. Her Doodle was titled "Back to Mother Nature...
- Android LED Sign On Wheels
Richard Hay from Google posted a picture of a couple Android signs that are LED based and on wheels. These are portable LED Android signs but as Richard noted, the glowing colors were ingress colors
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Give it a try We’re trying out a new feature with this week's #glassupdates…, Google+
- A potentially new or redesigned Google service is currently hosted in a…, Google+
- Chrome overtakes IE to become most popular browser, WebmasterWorld
- Social Buttons and Comments Impact on Page Speed and Filesize, WebmasterWorld