Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Win/Win: Block Unwanted Links In Google Webmaster Tools
For years, webmasters and SEOs have been asking Google for a way to specify which links they do not want Google to count (positive or negative) towards their rankings. The concept is simple. You go to your link report in Google Webmaster Tools and have an action button that says "don't trust this link"...
- Anti Penguin Link Building, Really?
There is an ad running on this site that pitches "Anti Penguin Link Building," well Penguin is spelled Pinguin in the ad (maybe German). Have we learned nothing over the years? Seriously pitching Anti Penguin Link Building services? Really?
- Careful What You Search For When Using So.cl
A few days ago, Microsoft quietly launched their own social network named So.cl. Yea, it is a lot like Google+, Facebook and all of them in a Microsoft wrapper. I am not doing a review here...
- Competitors Spamming? Google Says Report Them
Matt Cutts of Google published a video on what to do if your competitors are spamming Google and benefiting from it. Matt Cutts talks about the various ways to report spam to Google...
- How Does The Google Moog Synthesizer Work?
Today on Google is a fancy interactive logo for the would be 78th birthday of Bob Moog. Moog invented the first electric music machine known as the Moog Synthesizer. He revolutionized music with this device when he introduced it in 1964 at a convention...
- Symbolism Of Google's Page Green Shirt With Green Mic?
Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that Google's CEO, Larry Page decided to color coordinate his bright green t-shirt with a bright green microphone foam ball cover? I would not notice anything
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- SEO Legos: This is awesome stuff from +aaron wall…, Barry Schwartz - Google+
- Can AJAX "Show more" become "Show all" for bots?, WebmasterWorld
- Icelandic IP range localized to Russia, Google Webmaster Help
- Places Troubleshooter dead ends for "At a Glance" problems, Google Places Help