Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google PageSpeed Insights Adds More Mobile Usability Recommendations
Google announced they have upgraded the PageSpeed Insights Tool to add more mobile usability recommendations...
- Google: Authorship Still Not Used For Rankings
Back in October, Google's John Mueller told us directly and clearly that authorship is not used for rankings. That has not changed, as John Mueller said it again in a Google Webmaster Help thread yesterday...
- Google News: Where Did The Charleston Newspapers Go?
A Google News Help thread has complaints from those who enjoy to read the various Charleston Newspapers that Google News is no longer indexing or showing them in the Google News results. The first report came on April 30th but complaints still are being posted as of this morning...
- Google Glassware Updates Design To Beautiful Visuals
Google has quietly updated the Glassware directory page for Glass Apps. This was rolled out sometime late last week or over the weekend. Here is a screen shot of the new page, after you click on a specific Glassware app...
- YouTube Play Logo Sign
Richard Hay from Google posted a picture on Google+ of a sign at YouTube's office, it is the YouTube play sign. He wrote, "Play On."
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- A business associate asked me the following question: How…, Kaspar Szymanski - Google+
- Mispronunciation of the word "left", Google Maps Help
- Optimal Url Structure For A Site With Many Product Layers?, HighRankings Forums