Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Happy Birthday Google's Penguin Update
Today is the one year birthday/anniversary of the release of Google's Penguin update - it was released on April 24, 2012. Since then, we've had two additional updates of it on May 24, 2012 and then on October 5, 2012. Now we await the fourth update which is expected to be really big sometime this year. This update was felt by...
- Phone Numbers In Google AdWords Display URLs?
A WebmasterWorld thread has search advertisers discussing the ability and feasibility of using the display URL to show your phone number. Supposedly...
- Google To Mozilla: You Had 12 Megabytes Of User Generated Spam On One Page
Yesterday we broke the news that Google has penalized Mozilla for user generated spam and we did say it was a granular penalty but we didn't know how granular until today. It turns out, the penalty was on one specific page...
- Google: Searches Don't Use The Related Searches Option
The other week, AJ Kohn noticed that Google dropped the related searches search option from the options in the search tools
- Twitter AP Account Whitehouse Hack Leads To Two-Factor Security
I am sure you all know that at around noon yesterday, the Associated Press had their Twitter account hacked by Syrian hackers. The hack was easy but significant...
- What Can You Find In Matt Cutts & Amit Singhal's Google Office?
The head of Google search, Amit Singhal, shares an office with the head of Google search spam, Matt Cutts. Technically, Amit is Matt's boss. Got that?
Other Great Search Forum Threads: