Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Do You Fear Google Disavow Link Threats?
It is no surprise to many that more and more SEOs are using the Google link disavow tool. The issue that comes up as time goes on is that there are some using it as a threat to remove or change the links or anchor text pointing to their site. I am sure some of you have received it...
- AppGratis Banned By Apple For Being A Black Hat App Store Ranking Network
Did you hear the news that AppGratis was pulled from the Apple App Store? AppGratis defines itself as a company that "offers the opportunity to reach new exciting audiences in more than 30+ countries. Every year we deliver more than 100,000,000 non-incentivized app installs for app developers." They clearly want people to think of them as "media" and not a "network." Apple didn't think so...
- Bing Does Pinterest Integration Right: Pins Image Source
Honestly, I was worried when I saw the announced that Microsoft added the Pinterest Pin It button to Bing Image search results.
- Google Logo For Leonhard Euler On U.S. Tax Day
Today, April 15, 2013 is a very memorable day for most Americans - being Tax Day. It is also the birthday of Leonhard Euler, a Swiss born mathematician who is known as probably the most influential and important mathematician of the 18th century...
- Google Nails
Gemma Holloway, a Digital Marketing Executive from Koozai decided to paint her nails in Google colors and branding for the Brighton SEO event last week. She told me "I was going to Brighton SEO and h
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Global Wordpress Brute Force Flood Underway, WebmasterWorld
- Google Images: Am I actually getting these hits?, WebmasterWorld
- The 20/80 rule of site’s traffic with regard to SEO, WebmasterWorld
- #TIL that you can control your snippets (the text that…, Ade Oshineye - Google+