Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Overstock.com's Google Penalty Hurt Sales By Only 5%
In February Overstock.com made news when they were publicly penalized by Google for violating their webmaster guidelines. It is a very interesting story...
- Yahoo Labeling Some Ads "Official Site"
Let me start off by saying I am not sure if this is new, in fact, I have a feeling it is not - so please let me know when this first came out. If you search for teavana, staples, turbotax and so on, Yahoo will label the ads by the brand holder...
- Google Telling Webmasters They Don't Have Manual Penalties
As we described a month or so ago, Google has both automated and manual penalties and based on which one you have, either submitted a reconsideration request will help or it won't...
- Court: Google Must Share Data Metrics On AdSense For Domains
MediaPost reports Google has been ordered by a U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Harold Lloyd in San Jose...
- Google's Page Reorganizes Top Level Management
The LA Times broke the news that Google's new CEO, well he was Google's original CEO but now is back at CEO...
- Yahoo Mobile Training Fun
Here is a picture of what goes on at Yahoo on training day. As you can see, they are doing some type of exercise of some sort, which makes it look like they are about to play indoor football. Fun!
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Please Exit The Link Building, Sphinn
- YouTube announces live streaming, WebmasterWorld
- Concerns About adCenter’s Editorial Review Process Are Legitimate, Sphinn
- Doodle XIII Settimana della Cultura, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Going to AdTech SF next week?, WebmasterWorld
- [Doodle] Election in Peru, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Change to Queues/Watch Later function, YouTube Help
- Doodle Yuri Gagarin, Google Blogoscoped Forum