Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Video Search Results Without Videos Thumbnails
Google loves showing video thumbnails in the search results, when the query seems to be answered with a video. You know...
- Google AdWords Goes Not Provided: Referrer Data Gone For Paid Search Ads
The rumors were true, Google has indeed went the not provided route for paid search ads, AdWords ads. Let me step back and explain what is happening, so you really understand it...
- Google's Matt Cutts: I Don't Know 10% Of Your SEO Questions
Google's Matt Cutts said he has to research about 10% of the SEO questions he answers on those daily videos. I always find it interesting trying to understand how complex the algorithm is. So I always wonder how much one person can know about it. Now, of course, the SEO questions do not equal the algorithm, so I followed up and asked Matt how much of the algorithm was in his brain and he...
- Twitter Updating Profile Page Look
Twitter announced new profile page designs are rolling out to users over the next few weeks or so. People are calling the new design, Facebook-like...
- Google: We Mostly Ignore Web 2.0 Links
In a Google Webmaster Help thread, Google's John Mueller said Google mostly ignores Web 2.0 links, specifically calling out Pinterest, YouTube and others. He wrote: We're already mostly ignoring those links (just like we're ignoring the "web 2...
- Google GSOC Socks
Antonio Marino posted a picture on Google+ of his socks from when he was part of the Google Summer of Code project. The socks are dorky looking but they say GSOC, which does not stand for Google sock
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Making Remarketing Better & Easier: Introducing Smart Lists…, Google Analytics - Google+
- Without going into this particular site, I really liked the…, John Mueller - Google+
- Announcing the Project Ara MDK v0.10 Today we’re…, Google ATAP - Google+
- Google shows visit dates next to results - impact on visits?, WebmasterWorld